Friday, May 11, 2012

Thanks A Latte Starbucks Cupcakes for our favorite preschool teacher!


It's Teacher Appreciation Week and this is the gift for our fabulous neighbor who happens to be my son's preschool teacher. I saw these frappucino cupcakes on pinterest a while back and have been waiting for an occassion to make them!

chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting and drizzle of caramel

I made the cupcakes from scratch. The last time I tried to make cupcakes from scratch was a total flop, but these turned out A-Mazing if I do say so myself.  The receipe came from food netowork.com and can be found here.

To go along with it I made a card that says "Thanks a Latte".  I used the sketch inspiration at Freshly Made Sketches to design the card and have entered it in the challenge over there.

I used the backside of a starbucks cardboard cup cozy

The cuts are from Kate's ABCs (great fonts on that cartridge!)
I used glue dots to seal the bottof of the cup cozy to create an envelope.
I slipped a starbucks gift card into this little envelope and my son signed it.




6 comments:

  1. LOVE this. I have to steal it for end of the school year gifts. You have an Etsy shop yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card and yummy-looking cupcakes! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever! I'd love to get something like this from a student!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! What an amazing gift! Off to look at that recipe. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky teacher! Great how you used the coffee cozy on the outside and the inside - very creative :)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed my projects or have feedback I'd love your comments and always love new followers!