I was looking for a way to dress up a boring gift card that I'm giving someone so got out some paper and came up with something I think is really adorable! After I did the first one and figured out how I liked it I was able to make the 2nd one in about 5 minutes.
- 1 piece of carstock (solid color)
- 2 pieces of patterned paper
- Paper Trimmer
- Corner Rounder
- Double Sided Tape (or other adhesive)
- Foam Square adhesives
- Little Pink Jewels
1. Cut the cardstock (solid) 6 1/2 in X 4in
2. Cut one patterned paper2 1/4 in X 3 3/4 in
3. Cut the other patterned paper 1 1/8 in X 3 3/4 in
5. Use the corner rounder to round all 4 corners of the carstock and the bottom two corners of the small piece of patterned paper and the top corners of the large piece of patterned paper.
6. Adhere the patterned paper to the outside of the cardstock, lining up the rounded edges.
7. Place one foam dot where the top flat will close onto the lower flap (to keep it shut).
8. Place two foam dots on the inside to adhere the gift card.
That's it! I think it looks really adorable, and so much better than just giving it plain! I put a pink jewel at the center and kept it simple, but I think I'll play with them more later adding sentiments or cuts form my cricut.
I'm submitting this at Celebrate the Occasion for their "everything birthday, must include a flower" challenge - I love looking at all the projects there every week!