Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to School?!?! Cooking with Cricut Challenge

I can't believe I am typing these words...it's almost back to school time! For me this year is a bit bittersweet. My daughter is headed BACK to school, but my son starts his first day of kindergarten. Our first year with both kids in school and I cry at the drop of a dime about it! I have been mentally preparing for this for months and have come up with some fun little ways to make it more fun for them me. Let's face it, they aren't heartbroken over this, it's me that needs the emotional support!

Anyhow, I came across this awesome project to put jokes in your kids lunch boxes. You can find the original blog post and jokes here.

I took her jokes, cut them out and added them to a card I made using Cricut Classic Font.



The apple is cut from Cricut Classic Font. I used my gypsy to flip/weld two apples together to create a card. I also cut the circle from that font as well. (Apples are 2" in height and circles are 1.8" tall). I tied the stem with a twine to keep the card from opening up and accidentally giving away the punch line.

I know I won't keep this up all year, but as a fun first week back to school idea I am super excited. They love the little jokes on the side of their Gogurt at breakfast, so this is sure to be a big hit!

Back to school projects are always my favorites, we would love to see what you have come up with. Head over to Cooking With Cricut and link up your project. We can't wait to see what you create!

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love these! My 6 yr old loves jokes so this would be perfect for lunch boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea. I loved when my first graders told me jokes. If I hadn't retired I would have definitely made this for my class. Just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't you heard about Mr Calvin's blank ATM card and how other people have benefited from it? I'm Mr Randy Rodriguez. I want to share a blog and forums on how to get a real blank ATM card, i thank Mr Calvin who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and I was so poor without funds that I got frustrated. One morning while I was going through some stuff on the internet, I came across different comments of people testifying on how Mr Calvin has helped them from being poor to being rich through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, I decided to contact him to know if he is real. He proved to me beyond all doubts that it was real. So I urgently ordered for my own blank ATM card by Contacting his email and today I'm also testifying about the good work of Mr Calvin. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which I am using today Contact the company now and become extremely rich too. Email: officialblankatmservice@gmail.com  or  WhatsApp +447937001817

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed my projects or have feedback I'd love your comments and always love new followers!