Thursday, August 2, 2012

3 Birds on Parade

Today I am showcasing my newest (and quickly becoming my most favorite) Cricut cartridge: 3 Birds on Parade. I have a quirky sense of humor and love to craft fun, bright projects so this cartridge is perfect for me!


Today I have made a few different projects to show you so you can see a few things this cute little cartridge has to offer.

Fist, the banner I made for my son's birthday. (He wanted a "camping birthday" which ended up being a ton of fun. Cook out, tent in the back yard and a cake that looked like a giant S'More...yum!). Anyhow, this little bird was perfect for his banner:


This project also shows you the font on this cartridge. At first I wasn't super crazy about it, but it has grown on me. The cut out in the center of each letter is a birds foot, so you would need just the right project to use it on. The font is also very chunky.






The next projects is a set of 4 Christmas Cards. I looooove these little guys!


These birds do take a lot of layers, but they are well worth it. They each have a very cute little expression that goes with them as well (I just struggled to get it cut small enough for the front of the card as they are pretty precise cuts. They seem like they would be better cut quite a bit larger than the 1 inch height I was looking for).  The caption of each photo tells you what the expression included on the cartridge is for each of the birds.

" Baby It's Cold Outside"

"Be Jolly"

"Deck the Halls"

"Happiest Holidays"

 My last projects are not something you would expect to see from this cartridge. I spend a lot of time on Pinterest and am currently obsessed with the trend of silhouettes of little birds. I used the base of one bird to create these two cards.  I cut the larger birds at 1/2 inch and the small birds on the sympathy card are 1/4 inch (teeny!). The embellishments and expressions are both stamps. I like finding cuts on cartridges that you can make things with that are unexpected. This bird would typically have two layers over this black shape to created an adorable little bluebird.








I hope you have enjoyed today's showcase and would love to see projects you have made with this cartridge. There are a lot of other cuts I can't wait to use (such as a super cute pirate and a superhero) but I haven't had the right occasion (yet!)



5 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    I love your showcase of 3 Birds on Parade. Each and every card is adorable!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous showcase. I love what you've done with this cartridge. It's so much fun. Your Christmas cards are adorable and I love, love the silhouette cards.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't you heard about Mr Calvin's blank ATM card and how other people have benefited from it? I'm Mr Randy Rodriguez. I want to share a blog and forums on how to get a real blank ATM card, i thank Mr Calvin who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and I was so poor without funds that I got frustrated. One morning while I was going through some stuff on the internet, I came across different comments of people testifying on how Mr Calvin has helped them from being poor to being rich through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, I decided to contact him to know if he is real. He proved to me beyond all doubts that it was real. So I urgently ordered for my own blank ATM card by Contacting his email and today I'm also testifying about the good work of Mr Calvin. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which I am using today Contact the company now and become extremely rich too. Email: officialblankatmservice@gmail.com  or  WhatsApp +447937001817

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitcoin nasıl alınır diye merak edenler için, kripto para yatırımlarında başarı için yatırım yapacakları kripto paraların şeffaf ve düzenli olarak yayınlanan geliştirme raporlarına ve güncellemelerine dikkat etmelidir. Bitcoin nasıl alınır konusunda bilgi sahibi olmak isteyenler, kripto para borsalarında işlem yaparken yatırım yapacakları kripto paraların ürün ve hizmet entegrasyonlarını ve ortaklıklarını incelemelidir.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed my projects or have feedback I'd love your comments and always love new followers!